Location: Burlington, MA
Exa Corporation, part of the Dassault Systèmes SIMULIA brand, is seeking a highly motivated Computational Physicist with strong background in fluid dynamics to join our core physics development team. The position offers an excellent opportunity to work in unique core technology of PowerFLOW, Exa's flagship lattice Boltzmann based transient fluid simulation software. As a member of our team, you will contribute towards the development of new physics algorithm for wide range of applications, including fluid dynamics, heat transfer, multiphase and fluid-structure Interaction. The successful candidate is expected to have in-depth understanding of basic physics and hands-on experience in the development of numerical algorithms. The individual should be able to work independently in fast paced environment. The main responsibilities include physics investigations, developing new algorithms, implementing numerical schemes on PowerFLOW software platform, enhancing existing physics capability and identifying/fixing software issues. The candidate should be a strong team player as the position requires strong interaction with members of multiple teams.
- Solid background in fluid mechanics, and numerical analysis.
- Good knowledge in CFD and hands-on experience in numerical schemes development.
- Experience with/understanding of multi-scale flow physics.
- Strong independent problem-analyzing and problem-solving skills.
- Strong programming skills, proficient in C++.
- Good team player, with good communication skills.
- Good knowledge in kinetic theory and lattice Boltzmann method (LBM)
- Experience in software development at industrial level
- Experience in aerospace applications
- Knowledge in fluid-structure interaction, multiphase flow
- Good software coding knowledge in parallel computing architecture
Experience and Education:
- Ph.D. in Physics, Engineering or equivalent field is required.
- CFD experience
To Apply: For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title: Computational Physicist in the Subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer