Principal Software Engineer / Architect - ExaCLOUD
Exa Corporation seeks a dynamic and talented Principal Software Engineer / Architect with broad experience in the development of software products and web applications, with an emphasis on Enterprise Java. You will be a key member of the ExaCLOUD product development team. ExaCLOUD™ provides secure, web-based, access to the complete Exa simulation suite anywhere, anytime. It is a multi-user system that enables engineers to easily and intuitively manage simulation projects, to collaborate seamlessly with colleagues, and use any of Exa’s powerful simulation preparation or results analysis tools with just a web browser.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are focused on adding new features and enhancements to the ExaCLOUD™ product. In this newly created role, you will contribute your ideas and expertise, and have responsibility to:
- Design, Architect and develop features and enhancements of ExaCLOUD Product.
- Provide critical architectural input in key decisions.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other engineers on the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional and geographically distributed teams.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of commercial web software development experience
- Strong Java/J2EE development experience
- Expertise with spring framework and Hibernate.
- Understanding of AngularJS
- Knowledge of Apache Tomcat and databases (MySQL)
- Knowledge of Web Services (SOAP and REST)
- Familiarity with web security concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with working in Agile environment (Scrum)
- Comprehensive understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Desire for learning new/emerging technologies, tools, platforms and API's
- Ability to multi task and have passion to deliver quality products
- Self-starter and ability to work on defining requirements with stakeholders
- Good English oral/written communication skills
Additional Skills and Experience (Optional):
- Programming experience in Groovy, Python and UNIX shell scripting
- Knowledge of Grails framework.
- Experience with WebGL.
- Some understanding of principles of Mechanical Engineering and Fluid Mechanics
- Knowledge of Mobile platforms such as iOS and Android
Compensation and Benefits:
Exa offers competitive compensation, stock options and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations and holidays, flexible work schedule and free access to our on campus fitness club, classes and amenities center. Located 18 miles from Boston with extensive social, cultural, educational and recreational resources for great work/life balance.
To Apply: For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title Principal SW Engineer / Architect in the subject line.
Exa Corporation is the leading global innovator of fluids simulation software solutions (CAE/CFD) for product design and engineering customers worldwide. We develop and market leading computational fluid dynamics software products that are superior for simulation-driven design, used in a range of industries including ground transportation, aerospace, motorsports, chemical, biomedical and electronics. With over 300 employees, Exa has offices in the United States, France, Germany, UK, Italy, Japan, South Korea and China. Employees are encouraged to have a passion for learning, innovative thinking, ownership and personal achievement. We value people who work for the success of the customer, the success of the company and the team. As Exa continues its strong growth and global expansion, its increasing size and complexity will offer significant opportunities to Exa’s talented Software Development professionals.
Exa (NASDAQ:EXA) (www.exa.com) Corporation's simulation and visualization software predicts the real world performance of products early in the design process. Every day engineers and designers rely on Exa's highly accurate results to gain actionable insights to refine their designs. Engineering teams have the freedom to explore new creative solutions, make smart tradeoffs, and move to production with complete confidence. Leading manufacturers trust Exa's suite of proven aerodynamic, thermal management and acoustics simulation solutions to reduce the reliance on expensive physical prototypes and late stage design failures while optimizing the quality and performance of their products. Some of the most successful product companies in the world use Exa, including BMW, Ford, Hyundai, Jaguar Land Rover, Kenworth, MAN, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Nissan, Peterbilt, Renault, Scania, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo Trucks.