Senior Application Engineers
On-Highway, Heavy Vehicle North America [CAE]
Exa Corporation, part of the Dassault Systèmes SIMULIA brand, is actively hiring talented leaders with engineering skills to join our team to support customers in the heavy vehicle transportation market. We are particularly interested in candidates that have the drive to understand customer challenges and the passion to deliver analysis led design solutions so our customers can realize digital development of vehicles and systems.
Activities will center on deployment of solutions and executing services projects to solve multi-disciplinary engineering problems related to aerodynamics, thermal management, aeroacoustics, and passenger comfort. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment that allows you to interact with all parts of the organization, including sales, IT, and product & application management teams. Primary responsibilities include:
- Technical Consulting: Lead major projects and interact closely with Exa’s customers to solve challenging multi-disciplinary design problems using Exa’s PowerFLOW software solutions. Provide analysis and methods allowing customers to optimize vehicle design to meet airflow, thermal, and noise requirements. Interact with sales team to identify customer value.
- Pre-Sales Support: Work cooperatively with the technical and sales team on advanced “Proof-of-Concept” projects to demonstrate value, build confidence, and increase demand for Exa’s simulations.
- Customer Support: Provide training expertise/consultation and use of best practices for heavy vehicle applications to support customers, while taking responsibility for critical business follow through to Exa’s product and application management teams.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- 2 - 5+ years’ experience in product development environment
- Solid knowledge of fluid dynamic fundamentals and/or heat transfer mechanisms
- Demonstrated team orientation and project management skills
- Outstanding English communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to apply these skills cooperatively in a team of experienced professionals
- Willingness to travel (up to 25% domestic)
Additional Skills (Optional):
- Applied CFD (computational fluid dynamics) experience with commercial CFD
- Experience in automotive or commercial vehicle product development
- Experience with physical testing methods (i.e. wind tunnel or cooling cell testing)
- Experience with optimization methods and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Experience with common CAD (computer aided design) or geometry tools
- Familiarity with other CAE (computer aided engineering) applications
- Experience operating in a consultative selling environment
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title: Application Engineer - Dallas in the Subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer