Where Design Meets Performance
Achieving aerodynamic efficiency by improving vehicle lift and drag can fulfill the top consumer demands of better fuel efficiency and compelling style. But waiting for wind tunnel tests to understand vehicle aerodynamics can result in rework, launch delays, and sub-par solutions that add cost and weight.
The SIMULIA POWERFLOW® Difference
A high-performing aerodynamic car design doesn’t wait for the windtunnel. Only digital simulation with SIMULIA PowerFLOW lets you improve key elements of aerodynamic design – like lift to drag ratio –early in the product’s lifecycle when changes are easier to make. Simulation eith PowerFLOW surpasses the accuracy, repeatability, and consistency of wind-tunnel testing by applying real-world conditions to 3D geometry – including realistic wind, traffic turbulence, soil and water spray, rotating tires, and changing temperatures. Improve fuel efficiency, reduce late-stage failures and rework, and eliminate additional parts cost and weight with a design-stage view into automotive aerodynamics. Achieve both performance and styling – only with PowerFLOW.
- PAPERS FROM SAE.ORG: The Aerodynamic Development of the Tesla Model S
- PAPERS FROM SAE.ORG: Aerodynamic Studies in Real-World Conditions
- BLOG: "The importance of real world simulation" - learn how Tesla achieved aerodynamic efficiency with PowerFLOW
- BLOG: Aerodynamics in Formula E
- BLOG: Time to stop hero worshipping the wind tunnel - about the limitations of the wind tunnel
- BLOG: Onroak success story