Application Engineer Interns - Computational Fluid Dynamics
Candidates: MS or PhD Students or Recent Graduates in Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering
Interests: Computational Fluid Dynamics / Fluid Mechanics
Terms: Full Time Internship - 3 Months
Start Date: Summer 2018
Location: Burlington, MA
Exa Corporation is seeking MS or PhD engineering students or recent graduates to fill an Application Engineering internship in our Burlington, MA location. You will work with in the Aerodynamics Application Management team. We are interested in candidates with experience in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) particularly motivated in learning more about ground vehicle aerodynamics, vehicle water management and simulation-based design optimization. You will receive training and be expected to become a proficient user of PowerFLOW, Exa’s flagship product, its related pre- and post-analysis tools, and our large-scale design optimization process.
Exa’s suite of innovative software simulation products impacts how Computational Fluid Dynamics is used in many industrial settings worldwide.
As an Application Engineer Intern you will:
- Support aerodynamic optimization for ground vehicles using Exa’s design optimization process
- Gain extensive experience with commercial CFD pre-processing and post-processing software
- Learn flow and parametric analysis techniques for solving complex aerodynamic design problems
- Develop innovative ideas and concepts to improve simulation methodology
- Create training material
- Communicate results using presentations
A highly motivated candidate looking for a team environment constantly pursuing excellence in the field is desired. This position offers an opportunity to learn Exa’s state-of-the-art design solutions as well as development experience with vehicle aerodynamics.
- Enrolled in MS or PhD program in Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related discipline. Recent graduates will be considered.
- Strong interest and solid knowledge of fluid dynamics fundamentals.
- Good knowledge of CFD and design optimization.
- Working knowledge of parametric studies, geometry meshing and morphing and/or statistical analysis is a plus.
- Course/lab experience using CAD/CAE Tools.
- Good English written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work effectively in fast paced team environment.
*Current US Work Authorization Required* For immediate consideration, please send your resume with Job Title: Application Engineer Intern - CFD in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.