Application Engineer Interns - Computational Fluid Dynamics
Candidates: MSME Students or Recent MSME Graduates
Interests: Computational Fluid Dynamics / Fluid Mechanics
Terms: Full Time Internship - 6 Months (minimum) or more
Start Date: May 2018; Summer / Fall 2018
Location: Burlington, MA (Metro Boston Technology Suburbs)
Exa Corporation is seeking MSME engineering students or recent graduates to fill Application Engineer internships in our Burlington, MA (metro Boston) location. You will report directly to a Product Manager working in the Product Management Group. We are interested in candidates with experience in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) particularly motivated in learning more about simulation geometry preparation and pre-processing. You will receive training and be expected to become a proficient user of PowerDELTA, Exa’s geometry product.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join EXA Corporation team, working on-site at Exa’s world headquarters in metro Boston (Burlington, MA). Exa’s suite of innovative software simulation products impacts how Computational Fluid Dynamics is used in many industrial settings worldwide.
As an Application Engineer Intern you will:
- Gain extensive experience with PowerDELTA software.
- Assist Product Engineer in testing PowerDELTA on the preparation of complex 3-D geometry models able to support accurate transient CFD simulations.
- Develop innovative ideas and concepts to improve the pre-processing process.
- Track new product features Bugs.
- Support the Product Management team on the creation of the training materias.
- Support the field team on the simulation pre-processing.
The successful candidates will be driven for excellence, have high aptitude for communication and be able to work in a team environment. This position offers great opportunities to learn as much as you are capable of handling about the geometry & simulation process giving access to advanced knowledge in application management and engineering.
- Enrolled in MS program in Mechanical Engineering, Aerodynamics, Physics or related discipline. Recent MS graduates will be considered.
- Course/lab experience using CAE Tools.
- Strong CAD Software experience.
- UNIX Skills, Script programming and experience with complex graphics tools.
- Strong desire for continuous learning.
- Good English written/verbal communication.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work effectively in fast paced team environment.
Benefits: Hourly wage rate, paid sick time and free 24/7 on-site Fitness Club membership; access to on-site amenities recreation center, golf practice green and full service cafeterias. Located 18 miles from Boston with extensive social, cultural, educational and recreational resources for great work/life balance.
*Current US Work Authorization Required* For immediate consideration, please send your resume with Job Title: Application Engineer Intern - CFD in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer